How Do Long Codes Work?
Messaging is dependent on the SMS gateway providers aka aggregators and their connections to worldwide mobile carriers. These ‘message police’ and their pathways relay your news to your intended VIPs.
GO BIG OR GO HOME
Thanks to long codes, the SMSCs (Short Message Service Centres), who are the first to receive your message for forwarding, can now process a ridiculously large number of messages in a flash.
UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL
If your business relies on the up-close-and-personal touch to communicate effectively with clients then long codes are what you need.
Join The Crowd
Long codes are very robust as seen by the genre of companies who use them. Think of airlines, banks, and couriers – it could mean the difference between whether you sink or swim.
The most important impact on society and the world is the cell phone. Cell phones have actually been one of the primary drivers in productivity improvements.
~ Fabrice Grinda
Long Codes set customers’ minds at ease
The permanence of your number, one that you’ve claimed as your own and is unique to your company means:
- Long codes can deliver messages where short codes can’t.
- No lengthy set-up and approval required for use.
- Can be used to set up toll-free calling if required.
- Control restrictions allow you to block undesirable traffic.
- Tried and trusted communication system.
- Make calls and send messages via the same number.