Should You Be Using MMS Video Marketing In Your Business?Jason Siddall
Do you find yourself wading through too many marketing choices in your business? Yes, there are enough options to make any business owner’s head spin, and enough how-to guides on the internet to make sure that you’ve got enough reading material for the next millennium. However, it may surprise you to know that good ole MMS video marketing still maintains one of the highest engagement rates in marketing.
Let’s find out why, and how you can harness the power of MMS video marketing.
The Difference Between SMS and MMS
Let’s just get this out there so we are all on the same page.
Most of us know, visually, the difference between an MMS (multimedia message) and an SMS (Short Message Service.) However, if you are planning a marketing strategy around these choices, it’s good to understand the nuts and bolts.
- An SMS is limited to 160 characters of plain text which can include phone numbers, links to a webpage, or special characters. (@ % #)
- An MMS allows for a subject line as well as media content, plus text (up to 500 characters in total)
- Media content can include
- Video clips (up to 40 seconds)
- Media content can include
Why Use MMS Video Marketing?
If you have a message to send, you want to make sure as many people as possible see it. MMS marketing can do that.
As with SMS marketing, MMS does not use data or require an internet connection. Service providers have just bundled these two services together which is great news for business messaging. You see, while almost everyone on the planet has a mobile phone, a much smaller percentage of these have a smartphone. Which means that if you want to deliver a compelling video or an image to your customers via say, WhatsApp or email, an unfortunate proportion of them won’t be able to access it.
Every new phone comes with MMS capability, although in some you would need to activate it. Once it’s up and running, however, users don’t need to download anything or jump through any hoops to view your image or video message.
MMS trumps SMS messaging for one simple reason: imagery.
As human beings, we love pictures more than words, and videos more than text. In fact, according to Brainrules, “We are incredible at remembering pictures. Hear a piece of information, and three days later you’ll remember 10% of it. Add a picture and you’ll remember 65%.” And that is, really, what marketing is all about.
And to take this one step further…
Neil Patel has this to say, “Not only do videos provide a 74% increase in your visitors’ understanding of your product or service compared to pictures, but they also increase the likelihood of your visitors purchasing your product or service by 64%.”
So essentially, here we have a focused tool which delivers to all devices, offers an estimated 98% open rate, and done right, can result in astounding conversions.
MMS marketing also offers the benefit of creating punchy subject lines, where you have nanoseconds to capture your audience’s attention with a compelling heading.
MMS Video Marketing Best Practices
It can be terribly exciting to get your first MMS campaign up and running, but it’s also good to fully understand the rules around this medium.
- Remember that this is a business message, and unless you are Nandos or have a similar brand, it’s best to stay friendly, yet professional.
- Ensure that all your media is tasteful and adheres to any applicable legislation (such as that of posting images or videos of minors.)
- Your media should be of a good quality, yet no bigger than 500Kb. There are many video compression tools available online should you need one.
- Media should be set up in portrait layout, and no more than 600 x 1100 pixels.
- Unless you are scheduling your messages, they will be received within seconds, so be aware of your timing. You may be working at 2 am, but they’re probably not.
The engagement opportunities opened up by MMS video marketing means that not only can you create a magical message for your audience, but they can also respond to you. For example, creating a competition which requires customers to send you an image or video in response to your message is made super-simple with MMS marketing.
So, can your business use the superpowers of MMS video marketing? If so, then we can help you. We at Cellfind fully understand what a business needs when it comes to communication, and we have a package to suit you. Chat with us now.